I have a group of kids that I’ve been working with on our morning news show, called Cougar KidKast.
Well, we’ve almost finished all of our episodes, as we’ve been working ahead of time. Now, I’m leaving it up to them (and you) to help me figure out what to teach them.
I asked them today what they wanted to learn about, and here is a short list. I’d love it if you would help me figure out what exactly they need to know. Bear in mind these are sixth graders, but they’re pretty tech savvy.
They want to learn how to:
- Make a web site.
- Take a computer apart and know what the parts and pieces are in it that make it work. (I’ve got this covered).
- Internet Privacy. They want to know what to post and what not to post.
- They want to learn how to search using Google and get better results.
- They want to learn green screen techniques.
- They want to learn how to use their cell phones for more than just calling/texting.
- They want to learn how to create animations, and perhaps stop motion being a part of that.
- They want to make a movie.
- They want to learn about online video sharing sites other than YouTube.
So there is the list.
Perhaps you fancy yourself an expert in one of these areas? Maybe you want to come teach my class for me? We have pretty good access to Skype, want to guest speak? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for the help..